Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Five Errors

1.
Wrong: His teacher could't bring his grade up because the department only wanted that certain amount if A's given out.
-I forgot to add the letter n in the word couldn't.
Correct: His teacher couldn't bring his grade up because the department only wanted that certain amount if A's given out.
2.
Wrong: The really reason that some departments use this safeguard and some don't is those departments only like to give out a certain amount of grades.
-I put down the word really instead of the word real.
Correct: The real reason that some departments use this safeguard and some don't is those departments only like to give out a certain amount of grades.
3.
Wrong: Other relative curving systems only go into effect if and only if a class average is lower than a certain grade.
- I didn't put commas at the beginning and the end of the bolded area and it is needed becuase it is a nonessential phrase. 
Correct: Other relative curving systems only go into effect if, and only if a class, average is lower than a certain grade.
4.
Wrong: Well the reason it can happen is that certain Departments at our school only want a certain amount of A's and B's and C's and so on to be given out.
-I should not have the word departments be capitalized.
 Correct: Well the reason it can happen is that certain departments at our school only want a certain amount of A's and B's and C's and so on to be given out. 
5.
Wrong: Well the reason it can happen is that certain Departments at our school only want a certain amount of A's and B's and C's and so on to be given out.
-There should be commas between A's and B's and C's and so on instead of all the ands.
Correct:  Well the reason it can happen is that certain Departments at our school only want a certain amount of A's, B's, C's, and so on to be given out.

Peer Review Opinion:
Well I would like to say a actually really enjoyed getting all the feedback on my paper, it was all really helpful and will make my paper sound better. At first I was a little worried about the feedback, but it all turned out well. I wish I would have know how long it would have taken before hand. If I had know that I wouldn't have started the night before at 11:00. I didn't like how we had to do 5 per page because it was kind of hard for me to find 5 things on ever page, I think I would have liked it more if we had to do a certain amount on the whole paper.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion about comments per paper instead of per page for peer reviews. I'll take that into consideration with the next peer review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with your opinion on peer reviewing. The feedback was helpful, but 5 per page I think is a little to much. Good job on the punctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job catching mistakes and I also agree with you and Kenny that 5 is a bit much. It definitely took longer than I expected but I think that it really was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your comment on peer reviews. Also, good job on your sentence errors. The only thing I wasn't sure about was where the comma should be on number 4. I think it might make more sense if you added it after the second "if" and not after "class". Overall, nice work:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. On sentence one I think you meant "amount of A's" instead of "amount if A's." Other than that good job on fixing your mistakes and I also definately agree on your ideas about peer reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I did mine at 11:00 as well! How ironic... I've also procrastinated doing comments, so here I am. I completely agree with the help that peer reviewing provides. It helped me a ton. And yes, 5 per page was a bit difficult.

    ReplyDelete