Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Website Analysis

The website I choose to do an analysis on was the new layout of Facebook. To begin if you look at the colors of Facebook it is simple, it uses blue, white, and a light bluish grey. The contrast is good too, there are two sides to the timeline which helps make pictures jump out more when you have a picture  on one side and no picture on the other. All the important info is gathered together in the middle of your profile in the timeline. When you look at the new Facebook layout the timeline is everything. Everything is focused on it. The color of photos and the rule of thirds changes with whose profile you are looking at. If you look at my profile I don't really do the rule of thirds or anything so mu pictures don't look all that artistic.

3 comments:

  1. I don't feel like the timeline is super effective. I feel like it is harder to find statuses or pictures with the timeline. The colors do work well but the composition of the page is too confusing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to design, I think it follows a lot of design rules. But I'm also not a huge fan of it. It's not that I don't think it looks good or think the way it works is bad, I just like the "original" better (well, originalish). Just goes to show that effectiveness doesn't always mean everyone will love it. Good job analyzing this. I didn't realize how design effecient it really was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But isn't Facebook simply to socialize? What's the point of being effective if all you do it develop carpal tunnel syndrome by doing nothing all day?

    ReplyDelete