Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I learned

The very first thing I learned in class was that BYU has a iPad room. In all actuality though I learned quite a bit from class on monday. I usually have trouble researching and I usually resort to just randomly searching online for what I wasn't. Monday's class period helped me learn of much easier and more effective ways of finding what I am really looking for. Not only did I learn how to find more stuff faster, I learned how to filter what I find to better suit my needs. Looking back on monday I can't really think of things I am confused about. I am sure there are question that I still need the answer to, but as of right now I really can't think of a single thing I need answers to.

7 comments:

  1. I like the filter things too. It makes things so much more manageable. Researching is a struggle for me also. I'm thinking it's a universal trial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i didn't know that BYU had an ipad room also. Filters are really helpful also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate, "randomly searching online". Haha I also love the filter process, it gets you the information you really need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the best part about the library database system is probably just how much stuff it filters through. Using Google will get you millions of responses, but this is super specific and effective...just hopefully not TOO specific and narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also thought the filter was useful... but Im still confused if there is a way to find useful quotes or filter within those results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha the iPad room finally gives me a reason to come to the library! Definitely agree with the filter comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I loved just going to google and finding something that mentioned my topic once for like a paragraph.

    ReplyDelete